Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Adventure Log Drvar: Month 1, Week 1 All Things Zombie Evolution

Rules Used

Welcome again to another adventure log. Like my fantasy version, I will be keeping track of characters and doing the light bookkeeping required for this game. Sometimes I might get into detail and sometimes not.

I decided to make an area map of my hometown, Otis Orchards, and its outlying areas to adventure in. Most of it takes place in extreme Eastern Washington except for Coeur d'Alene (cor-duh-lane), Idaho. Also, Spokane is pronounced spo-can, just to clarify. Both cities are named after Native American tribes.

For the first month I'll be using the "First 30 days," which consists of three separate encounters. It's kind of like a tutorial and all the work is done for you. In the first month you can't choose to recruit anyone. You can have a gun but I'm choosing to go unarmed. This will be in area map 1, Otis Orchards. Let's do it!


Area Map

 

Our post apocalyptic hero:

Drvar Rep 5 pep 5 Sav 4 Citizen Star (Unarmed)

First Encounter: First Contact - Zed! The way this is set up you encounter citizen/sheeple in the first PEF, gangers in the second PEF, and then you encounter your first zombie in the last PEF. It takes place in the dark.

PEF 1: First PEF is a rep 3 citizen (unarmed). I go to the interaction table and roll against the citizens grunt's pep 2 and pass 2d6 to his 0d6. I gain 1 IRD (increasing rep d6) and, since I can't recruit, I move on to the next PEF.

PEF 2: The second PEF resolved as two rep 3 gangers armed with pistols (P-1). Thankfully, I take the "friend or foe" test and both end up at 3, so we go to the interaction table. Since I'm a citizen still and they are gangers, I can only roll 1d6 on the interaction table, which we tie. Since they're gangers, they attempt to rob me...Great! I have a decision to make, there are two of them but I could try and kill one for their weapon and any items they have. I choose to resist and go to the action table!

I gain the advantage and charge the rep 3 but before that, he fires and passes 2d6 on the shooting table sending me into duck back. My plan has unraveled! I decide to make a run for it and take the 2 DRD (decreasing rep d6).


The gangers or, as my wife calls them, "circle people."


PEF 3: It's a zombie! First, Drvar takes the "Zed or No Zed" test, which I passed 2d6 for the result of "It's a zombie!" This takes me to the action table, which I pass 2d6 to the zombies automatic 1d6. I charge in and...I was forced to use my EE (extraordinary effort) but passed 2d6 over the zombies 1d6. Whew, made it out alive! If you tie, you not only lose -1 rep (along with the zombie) but you also have a chance of turning into a zombie.

Zombie! Or, as I like to all them, "pog people."

I loot the zombie. I don't see anything about not being able to loot zombies but, as I'm sure you will know, they might have valuables on them from when they were still alive. Maybe a holstered gun or a luxury item, etc. I decide if it's food, it will be worthless. Who wants to eat something off a zombie? Not me! As you see, Otis Orchards is a rural area. I pass 1d6 against the area (2) and, since I'm alone, I find an item. It's a luxury item! I draw a card from the DM's Apprentice Horror Deck and look at the "Belongings" section and get "pewter figurine." A pewter figure in a miniatures game? 😁

Since this isn't the end of the month, I don't roll for IRD/DRD yet. Two more encounters to go. Do you think Drvar will make it? Here is where we are so far:

Drvar

IRD: 2

DRD: 3

Food: 0

Luxury Items: 1

Weapon: Unarmed

No comments:

Post a Comment