Sunday, July 11, 2021

Making a Horror Character with GameMaster's Apprentice

 


I'm going to be starting up a new campaign with All Things Zombie - Evolution (ATZE) published by Two Hour Wargames. I did a very short campaign here with three encounters of my choosing. This time, I'm going to start from day 1 of the zombie outbreak and go from there.

Let's build a horror character!

 

I will be using the GamesMaster's Apprentice Horror Deck for this character.

Gender: I start out by choosing a gender, I figure 50/50 chance of being male or female. Thankfully, the GMA deck has a 1d6 number right on it so it's as easy as drawing a card. I drew a 2 so it will be a male character.

Name: Another draw and his name is "Drvar." The last name that comes up first in my head is "Sandburg," so we'll go with that.

Viture: Charity, a generous man.

Vice: Pride, a proud man.

Attributes: There are no attributes in ATZE but there are skills of People (pep) and Savvy (Sav). While I don't use them in some games, I will use them here as there are no "special abilities..." well, maybe not with this guy? Drvar will start out at rep 5 with a pep skill of 5 and a sav skill of 4.

Drvar Rep 5 pep 5 Sav 4 Civilian Star (Unarmed)

I'm not too concerned with his backstory but I will use his Vice and Virtue to affect his decisions during game play.

Catalyst: I drew "lost all memory." I haven't heard that one in a zombie story yet *heavy sarcasm*! Turns out he doesn't even need a backstory seeing as how he doesn't remember his past.

Belongings: What does our poor amnesia stricken zombie apoc survivor have on him? Card please! "Tepid canteen, flask of moonshine, or a thermos of coffee." I choose the thermos of coffee, of course! Not much to start with but I figured he'd be unarmed anyhow with the new onset of the zombie apoc.

There we have it folks, Drvar Sandburg is ready to be let loose in a zombie apocalypse world!










No comments:

Post a Comment