Friday, July 30, 2021

Adventure Log Drvar: Month 1, Week 2 All Things Zombie Evolution


Rules Used

Dear reader, I had intended to keep this campaign going but life intervened and a medical emergency happened. But, finally, life is getting back to normal.

This is the second week of the tutorial encounter. Read on!

 

Drvar Rep 5 pep 5 Sav 4 Citizen Star (Unarmed)

This time, since it's not a new month, we don't eat any food. I guess he had enough in the fridge to satiate himself for the second week, which is "Robbery!" Hey, didn't that already happen? The encounter is taking place in the daytime and takes place in the same area, so don't need to put the map up again. In this encounter we roll on a table to generate PEF's:

1-2 Citizens, 3-4 National Guard, and 5-6 Gangers. It does say you can only resolve each PEF once. I interpret that to mean you do one citizen, NG, or gangers then randomly select from the other two with the last one being the final PEF. I guess this means you could snag a weapon and not have it taken away by the National Guard. Here is the order of PEF's rolled at random: Citizens, Gangers, and National guard.

Blurb from the book: Things are bad. You see Police cars rolling through town, but not stopping; and just yesterday you walked by a National Guard checkpoint, where they’ve quarantined part of the city. It’s not safe to be on the streets right now.

Citizen PEF: The first PEF resolves as two rep 3 pep 2 people. This could be an easy victory if I charged them but I don't think that's in Drvar's nature, so I will interact. I pass 2d6 to their 0d6 and am able to recruit. Them being low rep and not being armed, I see it as a disadvantage to take them as they will only bloat the PEF generation. Sorry guys! Earned 1 IRD (increasing rep d6).

Ganger PEF: A single ganger who is rep 3 pep 2 armed with a pistol. Excellent! Do I go directly to the action table knowing I can, hopefully, pummel this chap and take his weapon? Of course! The big "but" here, will he get lucky and land that one shot?

I charge the ganger as I won activation. He misses his shot and on with the melee! The first round we tie, each passing 2d6 so we drop down to rep 4 and rep 2 respectively. I then beat the living daylights out of him by passing 2d6 to his 0d6, obviously dead!

Before I can loot, I roll to see if the single shot attracted any zombies. Since I'm still in Otis Orchards and it's a rural area, only a 6 will generate a zombie and that's just what I roll! Still unarmed, I see who wins the action table, we tie and the zombie charges me. We each pass 1d6 so fight another round of melee at -1 rep each. Again, we tie but finally I manage to kill the zombie.

As per the rules I take the "Harry are you okay?"

-Out of Fight Characters that recover from a Zed melee, or those that suffered a -1 to Rep result with a Zed, could become infected.

Basically, I have to wait until the encounter is over to see if Drvar turns into a zombie. Eeeek!

Loot: Amazingly, I passed 1d6 on each looting attempt. As I'm alone, it counts as passing 2d6.

Ganger: P-1 Pistol and food.

Zombie: P-1 Pistol.

National Guard PEF: The last PEF resolves as one National Guardsman. A rep 4 pep 3 grunt with an automatic rifle (AR-3). I'm still a civilian and so count the interaction table as -1d6. I try and interact but get the result of pass the same d6. This means they ignore me. Whew! If I had passed 0d6, I'd have to turn over my weapons.

Ok, since this encounter is over with. Time for the "Harry are you okay?" test. Since he tied a melee combat with a zombie, he has to beat a score of 9 combining his rep plus 1d6. I rolled a 5 and add my rep so that's 10. Not a zombie! 🧟🧟🧟

Drvar

IRD: 6

DRD: 3

Food: 1

Luxury Items: 1

Weapon: Pistol (P-1) x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment