Thursday, August 13, 2020

Four Against Darkness: Metalhoods Excellent Adventures Part 2

 

 

 My second adventure with the "Metalhoods." This one was a bit more rough but I did complete it, woot! I actually played it over two days while my wife and son colored and then played with slime. Thankfully, the Metalhoods didn't run into any gelatinous cubes.


Here's a look at the final dungeon:

An okay attempt at a 3D dungeon!

The rooms contained:

1. Empty.

2. Hobgoblins x5. Treasure was a fireball staff...More of those would be coming!

3. Vampire Bats x9.

4. Fungi Folk x2. Treasure was a ring of teleportation.

5. Armory. I decided not to change weapons.

6. Skeletal rats x9.

7. Chaos Lord! He had a nasty ability to decrease levels and, of course, I decreased my rogue's level before buggering off after he got lower than half his life. Treasure was a protection scroll and a fireball staff. Drogar gained back the level that he lost.

8. Empty.

9. Wandering orc brute! Hate that they don't have loot but my warrior, Shanar, leveled up.

10. Puzzle room. It was a level 6 puzzle so I decided not to attempt it.

11. Small red dragon! This was quite a battle, my toughest so far. Had to cast two heals and drink a healing potion. It was a back and forth fight but Wizardo, my mage, smacked him on the snout with two back to back explosive dice attacks with his light weapon (two separate rounds of combat) whilst the actual melee fighters didn't do anything until finally killing the poor thing.

It was hard earned treasure but we walked away with 21 gold pieces, a healing potion, and...A fireball staff. I guess it's like they say, fireball staves come in threes!

We only encountered one wandering monster, 10 undead rats. Our back row fighters made short work of them since it took place in a corridor. Those fireball staves are sure useful!



2 comments: