Sunday, January 30, 2022

Song of Blades and Heroes: Treasure in the Desert

 

This is a fantasy battle report for Song of Blades and Heroes! Had a little time to get in a game. The scenario is "Treasure Hunt." All terrain pieces are dunes and block line of sight unless two models are on the dunes or touching the dunes.

Tundra Warriors

Desert Raiders


Deployment with randomized treasure boxes.

End of first round.

The tundra warriors grab the real treasure after revealing two fakes.

The horseman shoots and knocks down a camel rider!

The archer scarpers off but is charged by an archer! Desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

All hell breaks loose and the tundra warriors manage to knock the archer away letting their comrade escape melee!

The archer with the treasure manages to get off the board without any trouble.

After the battle:

First off, sorry for the dark pictures! They looked fine on the camera.

Admittedly, I did make a few mistakes but this was just a practice run since I haven't really played it since before the pandemic. Since it was solo, it didn't matter anyhow, right? Next time I play, I will try the 15mm measuring sticks as my 30"x30" don't seem to work well with the 28mm sticks.

The tundra warriors seemed to have luck on their side with the random deployment of treasure but with the desert raiders "desert walk" ability, they didn't suffer from terrain effects from the dunes. The archer charging the other archer with the treasure was a bit of a tactical decision. I almost shot at him but then got three activations and charged him instead. A bit fancy, if I do say so myself! Too bad he got mauled by the leader and another warrior.

All-in-all a fun game. Unfortunately, there was no blood shed but that's what scenarios are for instead of a "kill 'em all" kind of game. Only the camel rider got knocked down. Reminds me of when Conan punched the camel in the face...

I also got to try out my random recruitment table in this game seen here on my blog. I just made 5 choices for soldiers and 2 choices for commanders and assigned them numbers based on how rare I thought they would appear in the army. I think the randomness is pretty nice as you have to adjust your tactics with whatever you've got.

I have to give props for Magehammer's Game Table YouTube post as it got me craving a game of SOBAH!

Miniatures are from the Swords of Islam sets by Vyacheslav Batalov. My go-guy-for historical paper miniatures!

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment