Thursday, November 14, 2019

The Hawkwind Saga: Enter Miranda


This adventure has Hawkwind searching for a pilot he can hire but first, he rolled a defend encounter as his involuntary encounter.

A sharply dressed man toiled away at some bad plumbing to his apartments. "No job too small, no job too big" he said to himself wiping some grease off his cheek. "That should do it" Hawkwind said wiping his hands clean of said grease. He turned around and in the light he could see the silhouette of a man with a baseball bat. "I thought baseball went out of style back in the 22nd century?"




The man in the green jumpsuit grimaced. "Enough with the small talk" he said, patting the weapon in his hand. "I know who you are and I'm going mess your face up!"

"Look, I'm unarmed. What do you want? Money, sex?" The man looked confused and hesitated. Gordon took the opportunity to grab his pistol. The man charged but Hawkwind was too fast and he squeezed off a few rounds right through his jacket pocket.


The guy confronting Hawkwind fell immediately to the floor, obviously dead. "Damn" he said, looking at his new suit "I just bought this one! The pocket smoked from being shot through. He sighed heavily and went about disposing of the body. "Well, it's a good thing I'm in the basement. Just so happens to be an incinerator down here."

Now, I am playing a find encounter, looking for Miranda, a pilot he had contacted and wanted make a deal with her. This way Hawkwind, not a pilot himself, could do stuff in space!

Later that day.

Two men stood apart from each other, one armed with a gun, the other unarmed. Clearly this was a robbery attempt. The man with the gun ordered the man to give up the contents of his wallet.

"All I've got is twenty bucks!" the unarmed man said. "It's my lunch money for the week!" The kid said in a cracking voice.

"Ain't that too bad, yo. Twenty dollas not enough, bro. You goin' down!"

Just then, who should show up? None other than Gordon Hawkwind, the hero of our story. "So let me get this straight, you're not only going to steal this gentleman's lunch money but take his life too?" Gordon made a clicking noise with his tongue. "I'm afraid I can't let that happen. I bet he'll give me the twenty bucks and I'll take your life."

The punk looked staggered for a moment. "Wha' ya mean?" He pointed the pistol at Hawkwind and Hawkwind produced his own firearm.

"Looks like mine is bigger" he said stepping between the two men. "Now why don't you run off to momma, bub."


Beads of sweat formed on the punks brow. "No!" he screamed and went to squeeze the trigger but a burst of Hawkwind's machine pistol tore through him.



Gordon looked over at the boy, still stunned. He took the twenty dollars and tilted his head in thanks. "That'll cover the cost of those three rounds. Ammo doesn't come cheap. Thanks kid. Pleased to be of service." The boy just stood there, jaw dropped wondering what had just happened. No job too small, Gordon thought.

He had finally reached his destination, the Starport. He was looking for his old friend, Miranda Wild. She sure fit her surname. A rough and tumble type. Always getting into dust-ups with pilots and clients alike. In fact, Gordon could hear her yelling at one such unfortunate soul.

"You'd better pay up, buddy. I didn't risk my neck with the Intergalactic Police Force for nothin'!" Hawkwind could see her grabbing a man by the collar, about to punch the poor sob.

"Easy sweetheart, here's your money!" The man handed over the fist full of dollars.

Miranda took the money and promptly flattened him with a right hook. "That's for callin' me sweetheart!"




Gordon grind in spite of himself. "You always had a way with words, sweetheart." He quickly got to the point. "Miranda, I want to talk to you about the deal of your life!"

She eyed the man. "Hawk, your deals usually involve someone getting killed or maimed in some terrible way. What kind of deal is it?"

"Well, I need your ship..."

"My ship! To hell with that..." she was cutoff by Gordon.

"I just need you to do some odd jobs for me. I'll pay you handsomely. You get 20 percent of the cut."

"20 percent?" She cackled like a witch. "You're gonna have to do better than that, sweetie."

Hawkwind rubbed his chin "how's 30 percent sound?"

Miranda just snorted.

"All right, 40 percent and that's all. I can find some freighter for way cheaper."



"All right, 40 percent sounds fair" she said with a wink. "I've got you wrapped around my little finger, eh?"

Hawkwind made a grunting sound in acquiescence.

Hawk had an easy time with the opposition he faced racking up 4 increasing rep D6 but a hard time with Miranda burning 3 sweet talking her so only had 1 left over at the end. I decided to roll my savvy skill but failed that roll so Hawk remained the same.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I've been away too long. I need to find the start of this campaign. Dig the paper minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by again. It's only two parts so far. Glad to see you posted on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. OK, I like the direction this seems to be going, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, bro! I'm pretty busy right now potty training my son and looking for a job but I'll try and keep it going!

      Delete