Friday, April 1, 2016

Mini terrain tutorial and a picture of my small village...

 So I was walking through the garden section at Wal-Mart when I came across one of these buggers...
Miracle-Gro GrowAbles seed pod
 Of course, being the miniature guru that I am, I thought if I flipped it over it would make a great stone marker! Maybe an objective, statue, magical stone, etc. So I picked up a couple and ever since then I've been on a terrain binge. Here's how I did it!

Step 1: Open up the pod and dig out the dirt and seeds...You don't want that stuff in there on the battlefield, I think there's animal poop in there!...Or maybe you do, that's your business!

Step 2: You can optionally add a base like I did or simply leave it as is. There's a nice lip around it if you don't want to have a base.

Step 3: Prime and paint however you like! Looking back at it now, I might repaint it but for now, it's okay.

 Total time, about 20 minutes for two of the suckers. Here's the end result...Nothing super spectacular but was a nice little terrain piece for cheap and little work.
All done! As you can see, the little design kind of makes it look of elvish perhaps...

Charge the blurry dwarf!

And finally, I've always admired the houses in my Warhammer Fantasy Battles 3rd Edition rule book and I wanted a small village of my own in a similar make. I managed to find a couple good templates, set to work cobbling some cardboard together with hot glue, texturing with wall filler, thatch roofed it with hot glue, and slapped some paint on it. Very happy with the results!
Needs some orc invaders!
 Thanks for having a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment