Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dungeon Command repaint and Mage Knight repaint

 I recently bought the entire collection of Dungeon Command sets because I liked the miniatures and, well....I couldn't just buy a couple sets, which I blame on my collector OCD!!! I have to say, I'm very impressed with them. I missed out on a ton of the D&D pre-painted minis over the years but at least I got these guys, right? I did buy them thinking I'd primarily repaint them all eventually. While a lot of them are great pre-paints already, including the Orc faction and the Undead faction, the others were lacking mostly. On a whim, I decided to paint up the Ogre from the Orc faction. He's not bad to look at straight of the box but I wanted to give him a lit more oomph, so here he is!
He turned out real well considering the short time it took to paint him. Honestly, he kind of reminds me of one of my cousins!
Gotta love the back. I can just smell the sweat and BO!

 Next up, I decided a quick repaint of a Mage Knight Rebellion figure, the Werebear! Mage Knight miniatures are on the other side of the spectrum as far as pre-painted miniatures go. They're pretty bad paint jobs but hey, better than a grey or metal figure on the table, right? This particular guy, I plan to use for general gaming, so I tore him from his "click base."
Rawr! Beware of the 12-pack wielding werebear!
Kind of an awkward right paw but I guess he's swiping.

 I've got tons more Mage Knight guys, mostly Mage Knight Dungeon, which is a game I love. Probably my favorite dungeon crawler. I have tons of doubles and triples that I'll probably get around to repainting for general games. Some pretty rad sculpts in the Mage Knight line...They just need some painting love!

No comments:

Post a Comment