Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Two Hour Wargames House Rules


-For all games, I will be using the old tried and true PEF resolution even with the battle board games. Basically it looks like this:

-PEF's have a rep of 4
-You roll 2d6 and compare the rep of the PEF.

-Pass 2d6: Contact! Resolve a PEF as normal

-Pass 1d6: Definitely something out there. Resolve the next by rolling 3d6

-Pass 0d6: Just a case of the nerves, remove the PEF

-If no PEF has been resolved as contact, the final PEF will automatically resolve as contact

Rationale: One bad thing about the battle board rules is that you resolve the PEF's one after another. It's a bit daunting and kind of takes the surprise factor out of it. Maybe you'll only have one battle or maybe you will have five! Also, that's why I stopped having detailed "RPG" stories, just too much tedium resolving so many PEF's. Maybe I'm just a whiner but I'll be using the above rules from now on!

 Here are my hose rules for the Talomir Tales series of RPG games:

-Involuntary encounter table from Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money:

(1) Confrontation

(2) Job Offer

(3) Robbery

(4) Defend

(5-6) Nothing

-Also from SLGM is the easier "How Many Are There?" resolution. Roll 1d6 one less than your group (1-2), same as your group (3-4), and one more than your group (5-6). I wake up, do school work, and raise my son while my wife works, at the end of the day I can't do much in the way of math!

-When rolling for magic items, only rep 5 or higher as well as a big bad of any rep can have a chance of a magic item using the rules regarding such as normal.

-SLGM "How Many Are There?" resolution. Roll 1d6 one less than your group (1-2), same as your group (3-4), and one more than your group (5-6).

-Zombie loot. Roll for loot on zombies as normal but food counts as nothing. The zombies might have something of value from their former life but food, ew, no thanks!

-Weapons as loot can never be higher target rating than used by the ganger/survivor. I assume it's a sidearm. Weapon loot off a zombie is always a Pistols (P-1). I figure, if someone sees a bigger weapon than a pistol, they will take out the zombie and loot it for themselves.

-Police Are Called on a roll of 1 when shots are fired.


This is just to remind me! 😽

No comments:

Post a Comment