Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Project Talisman!



 My girlfriend and I have started playing the current edition of Talisman and she mentioned that she'd like to see painted miniatures roaming the regions! What more encouragement does one need? :) Currently I have all but one of the expansion sets, so I'm looking at a ton of painting ahead of me on very small scale minis (I'd say 20 mm scale?). With this in mind, I think my plan of attack will be to paint a base coat and a highlight, black/brown lining, eyes may or may not be added depending on the mini, and the base will just be a plain black. I think the rocks and stuff on a base would just get knocked off eventually anyhow, so no problem. The mold lines are pretty irritating, so I won't spend a whole lot of time on them but hopefully nothing too noticeable will be left unless it endangers the miniature!

 Here's the first batch primed and ready for painting!

 I picked out the ones with a lot of similarities. These guys have either a lot of steel and/or red, so it will speed up painting not having to mix a lot of paint for red. Basically an armor style painting of five or six at a time...I'll admit though, I really can't wait to paint and be the Leprechaun!

  We played a game last night and a funny thing happened. Her pack mule got turned into a weremule and attacked her! I thought that was pretty funny, maybe it's just me. We never did finish the game due to time constraints but it was a lot of fun. You should definitely check it out if you haven't already.

 Game on!

1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete